Water source pollution refers to the pollution caused by waste discharge from human production and living activities to rivers, upstream, reservoirs, groundwater and other water sources. Sewage discharge, garbage accumulation and acid rain caused by excessive sulfur dioxide concentration in the air are also major factors causing water pollution.
What are the effects of water pollution?
For human health：
–Water pollution caused 1.8 million deaths in 2015, according to a study published in the lancet. Unsafe drinking water sickens about 1 billion people each year.
–Diseases caused by water pollution include cholera, giardia and typhoid. Swimming in contaminated water can also lead to health problems such as rashes, pinkeye, respiratory infections and hepatitis.
For biological ecology:
–Marine life is threatened by Marine garbage, which causes animals to choke, suffocate and starve. Water pollution caused more than 200 different Marine life hurt, and they will face extinction.
–Water pollution also poses a threat to land animals. When animals drink the polluted water, the life span of animals will shortened and reproduce less effectively. This will cause the animals to die from drinking polluted water and lead to extinction.
What causes water pollution?
The main cause of water pollution are as follows:
- Chemicals dumped from the factory
- Agricultural waste flows into our rivers, streams and groundwater
- The oil spill
- Acid rain caused by the burning of fossil fuels
- Humans litter rivers, oceans, lakes and other bodies of water. Hazardous waste includes plastics, aluminum, glass and styrofoam.
How to solve the problem?
The way to solve the water pollution:
- The government needs to minimize plastic consumption and reuse or recycle plastic as much as possible.
- The government should tighten controls on factories that properly dispose of chemical cleaners, oils and non-biodegradable items before they fall down the drain.
- If you see someone throwing trash into any water, report it to the authorities.
- Human stop throw rubbish into the sea.
Stop the pollution now
Don’t make the water sick.